Thursday 22 January 2015

Barbados Green Monkeys


Saw this huge troop of Green Monkeys outside my back door a couple mornings ago. Don't think I've ever seen such a large troop, so it was pretty cool. Unfortunately they were too spread out for me to get a photo of the entire troop.


There were lots of juveniles, at least one very pregnant female plus others, and, of course, the dominant male. There were probably two dozen in all, maybe more. They didn't stick around for very long, but long enough for me to enjoy them and their frolicking.

Things have started to dry up a bit on the island, so monkeys are having to roam further afield to find food and water - this is when fruit trees take a hit.


I love being able to watch them at such close quarters, but I wouldn't mind at all if they didn't poop on my deck.

If you'd like to read more about Barbados, please visit my other blog, Things Barbados.

No comments:

Post a Comment